July this year (12.-17.7.2021) Helsinki Cup, the largest and most international youth tournament, makes a return to the Helsinki Olympic Stadium. This year, the tournament will also stream most of the games online with help of new cooperation with Solidsport – the leading sport streaming platform in Europe.
– This way all family members and all others who can’t get on the spot can get involved in the action, says Kirsi Kavanne, CEO of Helsinki Cup.
Helsinki Cup is one of the largest tournaments of its kind, with over 20 000 participants every year. There are around 100 fields being used during the tournament week – spread all around Helsinki. The city comes alive during the tournament, which is held during the Finnish holiday season.
– Helsinki Cup will be held for the 46th year in a row. The amazing streak for one of the largest youth football tournaments hasn’t ended even with the current exceptional circumstances, which tells a story of how far the roots of the tournament extend as the peak of the summer for many children and youths. It’s great that we have the option to bring the tournament back to these amazing conditions at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium, says Kirsi Kavanne, CEO of Helsinki Cup.
Solidsport makes Helsinki Cup available for everyone
The innovation to improve this year’s tournament is that most games will be streamed thanks to a new cooperation with Solidsport, the leading sports streaming platform in Europe. The Helsinki cup has recruited 70 people to broadcast the games from almost every field. In this way all family members and acquaintances who can’t get on the spot can get involved in the action from home or wherever they are.
– We are proud to start a long and successful partnership with the Helsinki Cup. Solidsport already works with hundreds of youth tournaments across Europe. Now we look forward to helping the Helsinki Cup digitize one of Europe’s largest youth tournaments and make their games available for everyone and at the same time create new important revenue.
Solidsport has previously cooperated with several others well know youth tournaments in the Nordics, such as Gothia Cup, Stadi Cup, Storvretacupen, Partille Cup, and Lundaspelen among others.
Watch Helsinki Cup and visit their official streaming channel on solidsport.com/helsinkicup
Solidsport was founded with the vision to enable all sports to broadcast their sport live. At all levels.
With the help of the live broadcasts, Solidsport wants to enable the possibility to share all excitement and joy, create new important income for clubs, develop players and leaders, inspire more sports and contribute to a better society where more people move and more people feel healthy.
FACTS: Helsinki Cup
- The Helsinki cup is a major junior football tournament and will be held for the 46th time from 12 to 17 July 2021.
- It’s traditionally the third largest junior football tournament in Europe, although last years’ exceptional summer it was the world’s largest football tournament with around 16,000 players.
- Last year, almost 1,200 teams registered for the tournament.
- The tournament is played in 15 different field areas.
- There are about 35 groups in the tournament – the final number will be confirmed once the registration is complete.